CCMT Counselling 2019
CCMT 2019 admission counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan process conducted only for GATE qualified candidates. The institutes which participate in CCMT 2019 are National Institutes of Technologies (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes like IIITM Gwalior, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, IIITDM Kancheepuram, SLIET Longowal, NIFFT Ranchi, SPA Vijayawada, IIIT Allahabad, Central University of Rajasthan, Institute of Technology and IIEST Shibpur. Candidates will be allotted seats in the aforementioned institutes through CCMT 2019, CCMT Counselling 2019, NIT Counselling.
Candidates can go through the link which is given below:-
- CCMT Cutoff for M.tech Admission 2019 – Click Here
CCMT Cutoff Marks (Previous year)
|CCMT CutOff Marks for M.Tech Admission in NITs, IIITs 2018||CCMT Important Dates 2018|
|Branch Wise Seat Availability in NITs for M.TECH Admission||CCMT Allotment – Round 1,2 &3|
|CCMT Counselling Procedure – Admission Process||CCMT Spot Round Counselling|
CCMT Cutoff Marks 2017
About CCMT 2019
Centralized Counseling for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. admissions (CCMT2019) is an online admission process for all National Institutes of Technologies (NITs) and several other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes viz. IIITM Gwalior, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, SLIET Longowal, NIFFT Ranchi, SPA Vijayawada, IIIT Allahabad, Central University of Rajasthan, Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, IIEST Shibpur, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh and IIITD&M Kancheepuram. These are the premier institutions of the country, under the aegis of Ministry of HRD, Government of India, for imparting world class technical education. CCMT will coordinate admissions to PG programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Planning, and Design in respect of above mentioned Institutes. As decided by the Core Committee, Counselling for centralized admission to postgraduate programs in all these institutes will be starting in the week of April 2019.
Centralized Counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. (CCMT) is a convenient platform for the students to apply for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. programmes, based on their GATE score of years 2016 and 2017, in 30 NITs and reputed Centrally Funded Technical Institutions namely the Central University of Rajasthan, Institute of Technology Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, ABV-IIITM Gwalior, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIIT Allahabad, Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) Longowal, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) Ranchi, School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) Vijayawada, PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh and IIITD&M Kancheepuram. This centralized system has replaced the older system, wherein students had to apply individually to various Institutes and go to every Institute for appearing in interview/ counselling. The older system caused a lot of difficulties to students such as filling multiple applications, travelling long distances to various Institutes across the country and missing some Institutes due to overlapping admission dates. Centralized counselling has provided a system wherein the students can fill one online application form from their homes and apply to all programs in all the participating institutions to which they are eligible. The overall convenience of students has been enormously increased due to centralized counselling.
The CCMT 2015 was organized by NIT Rourkela.
The CCMT 2016 was organized by NITK, Surathkal.
The CCMT 2017 was organized by SVNIT, Surat.
CCMT 2019, CCMT Counselling 2019, NIT Counselling
Important features of the admission procedure, admission schedule, list of reporting centers (RC), the list of Participating Institutes (PIs), seat distribution and eligibility matrix of the participating Institutes, academic calendar and fee structure of participating Institutes, fee refund rules, and contact addresses etc. are given in this brochure.
1. CCMT 2019 Eligibility Requirements
For a candidate to be eligible for M. Tech. / M. Arch. /M. Plan. /M. Des. programme:
- Must have a valid GATE Score in the year 2017 or 2019.
- In qualifying degree, the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10- point scale) or 60% for OC/OB, whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. The above-mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- In case, the result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum qualifying degree requirements latest by September 15, 2017. In these cases, all exams should have been completed by July 15, 2017, with NO backlog papers. A certificate to that effect and Mark sheet/Grade card till pre-final semester should be submitted at the Reporting Centre during document verification.
- Conversion from CGPA to the percentage or vice versa given by individual Institute will not be considered/ allowed.
- For every program, eligibility is defined based on certain combinations of degree disciplines and GATE papers. For the seat matrix and eligibility matrix please refer to http://CCMT.nic.in, it provides a number of seats available under the different category in each program.
- For certain programs in some Institutes, special eligibility criteria are applicable (given in http://CCMT.nic.in)
- Special Eligibility Conditions). Eligibility against these requirements shall not be checked during the registration process. Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfil all such requirements before filling and applying for such programs as their choices. Candidate will be solely responsible for checking of these requirements;
2. Rules for Seat Allotment
♦ Merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE score.
♦ To resolve and determine the inter-se-merit of candidates having the same GATE score, the following criterion will be used in the stated order of preference.
- 1. Candidates having GATE score in 2016 will be given preference over candidates having a score of 2017.
- 2. If the year of GATE score is the same, then preference will be given to that candidate who has obtained higher GATE marks out of 100.
- 3. In the highly unlikely event of their GATE marks out of 100 and the year of GATE score is the same, then preference will be based on Random Tie Breaking Rank Generation.
♦ Seat allotment is based on the Merit list and availability of seat as per filled Choice according to GoI Reservation norms.
3. The counselling process consists of three stages:
A. Online Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of Choices:
In this process, all candidates eligible for central counselling should register themselves by paying the requisite registration fee for counselling through the CCMT website during the specified period given in the Schedule (Section 5.7) from the places convenient to them. During the registration process, the candidate needs to pay the registration fee online using the SBI MOPS (Net Banking/ Credit Card/Debit Card or through e-Challan), during the specified period given in the Schedule (Section 5.7). After registration fee payment, the candidate will be able to exercise their programme choices across all Participating Institutes on CCMT website using the Internet during specified period given in the Schedule (Section 5.7). The candidate may take the assistance of the Help Centers (http://www.CCMT.nic.in) Reporting Centers and Help Centers) for registration and choice filling.
B. Online Seat Allotment, Seat Acceptance fee deposit and Personal Reporting at a Reporting Center:
Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in the order of merit (see – Rules for deciding merit) over multiple rounds of allotment-process. Candidates who are allotted a seat (i.e. offered admission) will have to deposit seat acceptance fee (Rs 20,000) using SBI MOPS (Net banking/credit card/ debit card or through e-Challan), and then personally report to any one of the ‘Reporting Centers’ (http://CCMT.nic.in
Reporting Centers and Help Centers) as per the schedule is given in the brochure during the specified time frames, failing which their admission will be cancelled. Candidates have to produce their original documents for verification, submit the photocopy of documents and proof of the Seat Acceptance Fee payment to mark their acceptance of the offer of seat and exercise “WILLINGNESS CHANGE” (described later). On satisfactory verification of all relevant documents and having paid the Seat Acceptance Fee, the candidate will be issued a Document Verification Certificate (DVC).
C. Getting Admitted to ‘Allotted Institute’:
All the candidates who have been allotted seats and reported at any RC during any of the three rounds (i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round) have to complete the provisional seat confirmation process by paying seat confirmation fee (Rs 10,000) from own computer through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card or e-Challan at any branch of SBI) as per the schedule given in Section 5.7. The balance fees with respect to allotted Institute have to be paid to the respective allotted Institute at the time of admission. For the actual Institute fee please refer to the respective Institute website. After paying the seat confirmation fee, the students can download the Provisional Seat Confirmation letter from the CCMT website before the last date as per the schedule is given in Section 5.7. The candidates may then directly proceed to the respective allotted Institutes with the original documents (as mentioned in Section 6.4.1), Document Verification Certificate (DVC) signed by the RC officials and the provisional seat confirmation letter downloaded from CCMT website for taking the final admission and attending the classes as per the academic calendar of the respective Institute. The candidates are advised to look at the website of the allotted Institute from time to time for updated information related to the Institute fee/starting of classes etc.
4. The following flow diagram shows the overall allotment process discussed above:
In the flow diagram, the components/steps marked red are pertaining to Round 1, 2, 3 and IS related activities; the components/steps marked orange are pertaining to NSR related activates. The sequence of steps (1 to 14) indicates the actual flow of the process. Steps:
- 1. Registration: Candidate needs to provide the essential information like – GATE related information, Qualification related information, Bank related information.
- 2. Registration Fee: Candidate needs to pay Rs. 2000/Rs. 1500 (in the case of SC/ST/PwD), which is nonrefundable. This step will allow the candidate to perform choice filling.
- 3. Choice Filling: Candidate is shown the possible ‘Institute Department Programme’ grouping based on the essential information provided by the candidate. Candidate needs to specify the prioritized choice list.
- 4. Allotment process – Involves Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and Internal Sliding (IS) in that order.
- 5. If the seat is allotted, then-candidate need to pay Seat Acceptance Fee (Rs. 20,000).
- 6. Candidate (for whom the seat is allotted) needs to visit RC to specify his willingness, Floating/Sliding/Freezing.
- 7. If willingness option is Freezing, the candidate needs to pay Rs. 10,000 towards Seat Confirmation Fee and can download the Provisional Admission Letter. Note that all the candidates for whom the seats are allotted need to pay Seat Confirmation Fee by the end of Round 3.
- 8. With option set Freezing, the candidate can physically visit the Institute for admission in the stipulated period with Provisional Admission Letter.
- 9. During NSR round, the candidate has to the registration as specified in Step 1.
- 10. Candidate needs to pay Rs. 42000/Rs. 11500 (in the case of SC/ST/PwD), which is non-refundable in case of seat allotment. This step will allow the candidate to perform choice filling.
- 11. Choice Filling: This step is the same as Step 3.
- 12. Seat Allotment Process (NSR) – Same as in Round 1/ Round 2/Round 3/IS.
- 13. Candidate can visit the allotted Institute with the Provisional Admission Letter in the stipulated period.