CCMT Counselling Procedure – Admission Process
The admission process broadly involves the following five stages:
- (i) Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices
- (ii) Online seat allotment
- (iii) Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee
- (iv) Reporting at RC after paying the Seat Acceptance Fee
- (v) Payment of Seat Confirmation Fee, Institute’s Balance Fee and Joining the allotted Institute
- (vi) Report at the allotted Institute and pay the Institute balance fee as per the allotted Institute fee
1. Online Registration, Choice Filling and Locking of choices
In this stage, all candidates declared ‘eligible’ on the basis of GATE 2016 or 2017 result are required to register online (http://ccmt.nic.in) from any place convenient to them. Arrangement of Help Centers has been made at most of the Participating Institutes and some selected cities for guiding the candidates. Candidates may seek guidance at these Institutes during working hours (normally 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM) and complete their registration, choice filling and locking of choices. The list of these Institutes is given in http://ccmt.nic.in
Reporting Centers and Help Centers. During this stage, all the registered candidates are required to exercise their choices of programmes and Institutes in order of their preference for these programmes / Institutes. The detailed procedure is as follows:
- The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
As per the eligibility of the candidate, available programmes related to Institute and Department will be displayed. However, it must be noted that some programs offered at some of the Institutions have special eligibility criteria. These are not taken into account while the list of choices are displayed to the candidate at the CCMT portal. It would be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that she/he fulfills all the necessary eligibility conditions including Special eligibility Conditions of the M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des. programme before choice filling. They are advised to go through the brochure (eligibility and special eligibility conditions) or seek information from individual Institute’s website or by contacting Institutes themselves regarding eligibilities conditions of their programmes.
Candidate can fill in as many choices in the order of preference as she/he wishes from the list of available programmes.
Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked by the closing date given in the schedule (Section 5.7).
If a candidate does not fill even a single choice before the last date of registration, she/he will not be allowed to participate in the counseling process.
Note: Candidates are strongly advised to proceed with the registration and choice filling/locking of choices only after reading the ‘Information Brochure’.
2 Online Seat Allotment
During this step, the choices submitted by the candidate will be processed and seat will be allotted in the order of merit (as per rules of allotment) on the basis of the locked choices. The allotment result will be available on the CCMT website: http://ccmt.nic.in. Individual allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates. Candidates are required to take a printout of the allotment details (provisional seat allotment letter) from CCMT website which has to be produced at the time of reporting. Candidates who are allotted seats will have to personally report to any one of the RC (http://ccmt.nic.in)
1 Seat Allotment Procedure
- Seat allotment will be done in three rounds. In the Round 1, all the available seats will be allotted and the result indicating the allotted PARTICIPATING INSTITUTE with the Specialization will be available on the website. In the Round 2and Round 3, seats will be allotted against the available vacancies in the respective rounds, and the results will be available on the web site. In the Round 2 and Round 3, no fresh choice filling will be permitted; registered candidates will not be allowed to alter or resubmit their choices. If the candidate’s willingness is Freezing, then the allotted seat will be retained throughout the subsequent Rounds. If the candidate’s willingness is Sliding/Floating then the present seat will be retained until higher choice is allotted in the subsequent Round 2 / Round 3. In Round 2 / Round 3, if a candidate is allotted her/his higher preference, her/his earlier allotted seat would be available for allotment to subsequent candidates in the merit list.
2 Withdrawal from Allotment Process
- If a candidate wishes to withdraw from allotment process, she/he should report to the same RC in which she/he has reported earlier. The candidate should deposit the Provisional Seat Allotment Letter, proof of fee payment and Document Verification Certificate (DVC) with duly filled Withdrawal form during the reporting period of first three rounds. After the allotted seat is cancelled, the candidate cannot participate in further rounds of counseling process, except as fresh applicants in NSR. If a candidate withdraws her/his allotted seat after taking final admission, she/he has to get the refund from the same Institute in which she/he has taken admission; the refund would be as per the norms of the admitted PARTICIPATING INSTITUTE.
3 Cancellation due to non-fulfillment of Essential Requirements a.
- If a candidate fails to satisfy the minimum educational qualifications prescribed, her/his allotted seat shall automatically stand cancelled and such candidate will not be considered for seat allotment in subsequent rounds, if any. Candidates for whom the result of qualifying degree is awaited may take part in the counseling process; however they would have to compulsorily produce the result of their qualifying degree and should fulfill minimum educational qualifications latest by September 15, 2017, failing which their admission would automatically stand cancelled. If any provisionally admitted student (whose result is awaited) will not be able to submit her/his qualifying degree certificate and mark-sheets by the last date (September 15, 2017), the fee will be refunded as per the allotted Institute norms. b. If a candidate fails to produce appropriate category certificates her/his allotment will stand cancelled. However, in such cases, if eligible, she/he may be considered for allotment in further rounds, as per their changed category.
3 Payment of Seat Acceptance fee
Seat Acceptance fee of Rs.20, 000/- has to be paid using own computer through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card or e-Challan at any branch of SBI) before reporting at the reporting center. Page 17 No other modes are permitted. The candidate has to report at the RC along with the provisional seat allotment letter downloaded from the CCMT website, proof of fee payment and the relevant documents as mentioned in Section below section.
4 Reporting at RC after paying the Seat Acceptance Fee
Candidates who are allotted seats for the first time in any of the first three rounds, must report to any of the RCs (given in http://ccmt.nic.in Reporting Centers and Help Centers) within the scheduled dates of that specific round for document verification and for specifying the willingness, failing which their allotment will be cancelled. Generally, the reporting time for all the RCs is 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
1 Documents Verification
Candidate should carry the following documents at the time of reporting at the RC:
i. Printout of the Registration form and the locked choices.
ii. Provisional Seat Allotment letter downloaded from the CCMT website
iii. Original GATE score card (2016 or 2017)
iv. Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
v. Original Birth certificate issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
vi. Original Mark sheet of Class XII
vii. Original Grade/Mark sheets of qualifying examination for all semesters
viii. Original Degree/ Provisional certificate, if degree is completed
ix. Original Certificate of category (OBC/SC/ST), if applicable, as per Government of India, issued by the competent authority. Refer “http://ccmt.nic.in ⇒ Formats for Certificates” for formats. In case of OBC category, the certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2017. Note that the candidates submitting caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC) issued by Maharashtra State are required to produce original caste validity certificate issued by the competent authority of Maharashtra State, at time of reporting at the RC
x. Undertaking by the candidate regarding OBC status in the required format (http://ccmt.nic.in Formats for Certificates)
xi. Original Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable, issued by the competent authority (Refer “http://ccmt.nic.in Formats for Certificates” for format)
xii. Proof of payment of Seat Acceptance fee of Rs. 20,000/- for first three rounds
xiii. Original Migration certificate of last Institute/ University attended
xiv. Three color passport size photograph xv. Original Conduct Certificate from head of the institution last attended
xvi. Original Transfer certificate from the head of the institution last attended
xvii. Original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case result is awaited
xviii. One set of self-attested photocopy of all the original documents.
Note: If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/Director of the graduating Institute, will be required during the verification of documents. The certificates listed under xiii, xv and xvi if not available at the time of reporting to RC, then they have to produce the same at the time of admission to the allotted Institutes as per those Institutes norms.
5. Payment of Seat Confirmation Fee
Candidates has to pay the Seat Confirmation fees (Rs. 10,000/-) from own computer through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card or e-Challan at any branch of SBI) during the period mentioned in the Schedule (Section 5.7). Provisional Seat Confirmation Letter will be generated from CCMT website after payment of Seat Confirmation fee before the last date. Candidates should visit allotted Institute with original documents, DVC and Provisional Seat Confirmation letter for final admission.