GATE 2019 Exam Full Information
GATE 2019 registration form, Date, Application, Syllabus, Exam Pattern…
GATE 2019 Overview
Every year, GATE is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on the rotational basis. This year, GATE 2019 will be conducted by IIT Madras, GATE 2018 was conducted by IIT, Guwahati. During the last few years, GATE score is also being used as one of the criteria for recruitment in some PSUs (National/State Public Sector Undertakings) in India.
- Name of the Exam- GATE 2019 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- GATE 2019 Organizing Institute- IIT Madras
- Exam Level- All India Level Examination
- Exam Date- February 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019 (Saturdays & Sundays)
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam has emerged as one of the benchmark tests for engineering and science aptitude in facilitating admissions for higher education (M.Tech./Ph.D. programs) in IITs, IISc IISERs and other reputed institutions through GATE score and various other Institutes/Universities/Laboratories in India.
Because of the importance of the GATE examination, the number of candidates taking up GATE exams has increased tremendously and in GATE 2018 more than 12 Lac candidates applied for the examination. GATE 2019 Registration will start from 1st September 2018.
GATE 2019 Notification
Official Notification will release on 1st September in this year.
GATE Online Test Series
Ignited Engineers has started GATE Online Test series for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science & Engineering. The GATE 2019 aspirants who want to start preparing seriously for GATE, as well as PSUs who gonna take through the GATE, can Join GATE online test series.
Must Read: GATE 2019 Preparation tips.
- Register for GATE Online Test Series 2019
- Advantages of Cracking GATE Exam
- Change Examination Centre of GATE 2018
- Contact Details of Zonal GATE Offices
- Download GATE Brochure 2019
- Formula Book for GATE 2019 Preparation
- GATE 2019 Admit Card Download
- GATE 2019 Cutoff Marks
- GATE 2019 Exam Date
- GATE 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2019 Mock Tests
- GATE 2019 Organising Institute: GATE Organising Institute 2019
- GATE 2019 Preparation Tips
- GATE 2019 Question Paper and Answer Key
- GATE 2019 Registration Date
- GATE 2019 Registration Date – GATE Application Form
- GATE 2019 Result
- GATE 2019 Subject Wise Weightage
- GATE Computer Science
- GATE Cut Off for PSUs Recruitment – PSUs Cutoff
- GATE Cutoff for M.Tech Admission in IITs and NITs
- GATE Information Brochure 2019
- GATE Qualifying Marks
- GATE Schedule 2019 for all Branches
- GATE Score Card 2019
- GATE Study Material, GATE 2019 Books
- GATE Syllabus 2019
- GATE Topper’s Marks
- How can one manage time in GATE exam?
- How to Crack GATE 2019 in the last 3-4 months
- How to Prepare for GATE and IES Simultaneously
- How to prepare notes for each subject during the GATE preparations
- Number of Candidates Appeared in GATE 2019
- PSU Notification 2018
- PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- PSU without GATE, PSU not through GATE
- Register for GATE & IES Online Test Series 2019
- Salient Features of Virtual Calculator for GATE 2018
- Use of GATE Score Card in PSUs and M.Tech Admission
- What is the difference between IES and GATE
- Why GATE 2019
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule/ Exam Dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Saturday||1st September 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Sunday||Extended to
23rd September 2018, 18:00 hrs
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Monday||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||16th November 2018|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||4th January 2019|
GATE 2019 Examination
9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon (Tentative)
2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
|9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|The announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Saturday||16th March 2019|
Application Fee with Dates
|Application Fee with Dates|
|Examination Centres in India||During
Sept 1-23, 2018
|During the Extended
(Sept 24 – Oct 1, 2018)
|SC/ST/PwD/Female Candidates||₹ 750||₹1250|
|All other Candidates||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2019: Important Dates
|GATE 2019 Examination||Examination Date||Examination Day|
||2nd February 2019||Saturday|
|3rd February 2019||Sunday|
|09th February 2019||Saturday|
|10th February 2019||Sunday|
GATE Exam is conducted through the collaboration of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
♦ Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
♦ Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
♦ Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
♦ Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
♦ Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
♦ Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
♦ Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
♦ Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE exams are a computer-based test having multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions. The questions are most fundamental, concept based and thought-provoking. This year GATE 2019 shall hold examinations for candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates.
Many GATE qualified candidates are paid scholarships/assistantship, especially funded by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and by other Ministries. GATE examination provides with a GATE score to all qualified candidates, which is valid for three years. GATE is one of the opportunities to make career advancement, and certainly not the only one. Hence, all candidates are advised to study sincerely and perform honestly in this examination, without getting unduly stressed out.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the examination across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E./M.Tech/ Direct Ph.D.) in centrally funded Indian Institutes of higher education (i.e., Institutes which are provided with financial assistance by MHRD and other Government agencies). The score is also used by some Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment processes in India.
Direct recruitment to Group A level posts i.e., Senior Field Officer (SFO Tele), Senior Research Officer (SRO) (Crypto) and SRO (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat are also carried out on the basis of GATE scores.
GATE 2019 Exam Full Information | Important details of GATE 2019 Exam
|GATE 2019 Syllabus||Reference Books for GATE 2019|
|Number of Candidates Appeared in GATE||GATE 2019 Papers Pattern and Marking Scheme|
|GATE Cut-Off Marks||GATE Topper’s Marks|
|How to Apply Online Application||GATE Question Papers With Answer|
|Sl. No||Year||Organizing Institute|
|1||GATE 2019||IIT Madras|
|2||GATE 2019||IIT Guwahati|
|3||GATE 2018||IIT Roorkee|
|4||GATE 2016||IISc Bangalore|
|Click Here for More Details|
GATE 2019 Exam Question Pattern
The exam is of three hour’s duration and contains 65 questions. It really is for no more than 100 marks, and the relevant questions comprise both multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions. Currently, GATE is held in 24 streams. A few of them are Mechanical, Civil, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, Computer Science and IT and Instrumentation. Click here to know details about examination pattern.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To be able to appear for the GATE exam, it’s crucial for aspirants to meet up with the eligibility criteria. Aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field. Final-year students can appear for the exam also. Students who’ve completed their master’s in virtually any such field or those who find themselves final-year students can also sit for GATE. Click Here For detail information of eligibility Criteria.
GATE 2019 Age Limits
There is absolutely no upper age limit and the individuals are eligible only after their Bachelor’s Degree achievement. No age restriction is there in GATE Exam 2019.
|How to Prepare for GATE 2019|
|How to Prepare for GATE ECE||How to Prepare for GATE Civil Engg.|
|How to Prepare for GATE EEE||How to Prepare for GATE Mech. Engg.|
|GATE QUESTION PAPERS WITH ANSWER|
GATE 2019 Application fees
Application Fee in Rs
Women candidates/ SC/ST/PwD candidates
All other candidates
GATE International candidates
US Dollars 50
The application fee is payable Online only.
Use of Score Card:
- The score is utilized for admissions to postgraduate projects (e.g., M. E., M. Tech, direct Ph.D.) in halfway supported Indian organizations of advanced education (i.e., foundations which are furnished with monetary help by MHRD and other Government offices).
- A substantial GATE score is vital for acquiring budgetary help ( financial assistance) in Master’s projects and direct Doctoral projects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture, and Doctoral projects in significant branches of Science in Institutes bolstered by the MHRD or other Government organizations.
- The score is additionally utilized by some Public and Private Sector Undertakings (National/State Public Sector Undertakings) for job forms. Direct enrolment to Group A level posts i.e., Senior Field Office (SFO Tele), Senior Research Officer (SRO) (Crypto) and SRO(S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat is presently being done on the premise of GATE scores.
Basic Features of GATE 2019
1. Examinations for all the 23 papers (disciplines) will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE examination. The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. A virtual on-screen calculator only shall be used during the examination.
2. Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
3. GATE 2019 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2019. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2019 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date, on the GATE 2019 website. The session timings at GATE International Centers as per their local time shall be notified well in advance.
4. For GATE 2019 the entire process of filling up of an application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the IIT Delhi candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IITR or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
5. The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode; online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
6. The admit cards for GATE 2019 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download admit card from GATE 2019 website. Candidates need to download and print admit cards from GATE website and NO printed copy of admit cards shall be sent by post to the candidates.
|PSUS RECRUITMENT THROUGH GATE 2018||PSUs Recruiting Through GATE 2019|
M.tech Admission Through GATE 2018