Validity of GATE 2017 score will be for a period of 3 (THREE) YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results. Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only. For some of the papers, the examination will be conducted in multiple sessions.
Candidates in the following categories ONLY are eligible to appear for GATE:
(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(b) Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(c) Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(d) Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final
year of such programs.
(e) Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such
(f) Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such
(g) Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
(h) Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to
B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2017 Organizing Institute.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS. GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
(a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). 13
(b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
(c) Eligibility degree details
(d) College address, PIN code of college,
(e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
(f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 18.104.22.168, along with what type of photograph is accepted (Section 22.214.171.124).
(g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 126.96.36.199.
(h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format. i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format. j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall. k) Your net-banking details.
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
The application fee and various payment options are shown in following Table. The application fee is non-refundable. All charges given below are in Indian Rupees.
|Candidate Category||Mode||Application Fee in Rs|
|Women candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|All other candidates||Online Net Banking||1500|