GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018
The online application for GATE 2018 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) has started from Friday, 1 September. The closing date to put up the form is 4 October. GATE 2018 exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee. GATE 2018 is an online examination which will be held on 4th and 5th February 2017 and 11th and 12th February 2017.
GATE 2018 registration is done through online mode only. Candidates can register after reading the information brochure carefully.
- Candidates can apply online for GATE 2018.
- GATE application form is filled through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- The online application process has been started from 1st September 2017.
- The last date to submit the application will be 5th October 2017.
- Candidates must enter their personal and educational details correctly.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature must be uploaded in the specified format.
- All the applicants are advised to keep safe their GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password for further use.
GATE Application Fee:
The application fee varies as per category and gender.
- The application fee for female candidates and SC/ST/PwD candidates is Rs. 750/-.
- For all other category candidates, the application fee is Rs. 1500/-.
- International candidates have to pay the US $50. The fee can be paid through net banking, debit card and e-challan.
Documents/Details Required for GATE 2018 Registration
Here we have listed the documents/details required for GATE registration:
- Personal details (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the GATE application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate. GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the GATE application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before the name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High-quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
- Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates in the following categories ONLY are eligible to appear for GATE 2018. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of GATE 2018 from the below table:
|Qualification Required||Description of qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professionalCourses||NA|
International candidates can also apply. International candidates must possess the valid passport.
GATE Registration Dates 2018
GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018 official registration dates is given below:
|Online registration starts on||1st September 2017|
|GATE 2018 Registration Last Date
(Closing date for submission of GATE application form)
|5th October 2017|
|Correction in GATE application form||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last date to change examination city||17th November 2017|
|GATE 2018 exam date||3rd – 4th February & 10th – 11th February 2018(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
(Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
How to Apply
- GATE application can apply Online, To apply directly Click here or to go to the GATE 2018 Official page.
- Candidates have to register as a “New User” on the website.
- At the time of registration, candidates will be asked to enter an email address, mobile number and GOAPS password.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate and category certificate.
- The application will not be considered complete without the fee payment.
- Candidates can edit their details before pressing the Submit & Confirm button.
- Once the application is submitted, no correction will be allowed further. However, corrections in some fields will be permitted at the time of correction period.
The only online application is allowed for GATE 2018. Steps to apply for GATE Application:
- At first, you need to have an active email id which lasted minimum one year with an authentic mobile number. So that you will get easily GATE Enrollment ID.
- After getting Enrollment ID through Email and put Enrollment ID on the login page with your own created Password.
- You have to accept the declaration with a click in the checkbox.
- Now fill your Personal Details, Communication Details, Qualifying Degree Details, and Upload Documents (Photograph, Signature, Thumb Impression).
- If you are appearing student then you should upload Provisional certificate(letter) from Principal/HOD.
- After filling all these information you need proceed to make your payments through Net-banking/ Debit Card/ Credit card.
1. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
(a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). 13
(b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
(c) Eligibility degree details
(d) College address, PIN code of college,
(e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
(f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 188.8.131.52, along with what type of photograph is accepted (Section 184.108.40.206).
(g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 220.127.116.11.
(h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format. i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format. j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall. k) Your net-banking details.
2. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
3. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
4. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
5. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
6. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
Application Fee Payment Options
The application fee and various payment options are shown in the following Table. The application fee is non-refundable. All charges given below are in Indian Rupees.
Table: Application fee and Payment Options
|Candidate Category||Mode||Application Fee in Rs|
|Women candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||Online Net Banking||750|
|All other candidates||Online Net Banking||1500|
GATE scores are used for admission to courses that include M. Tech, M.E and direct Ph.D. in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Science programs by means of various technical and scientific institutes in India. GATE 2018 score card will be valid for the following three years, i.e., till 2021. The exam is also held for candidates in international locations inclusive of Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates (UAE). Examinations for all the papers will be conducted as Computer Based Tests only. For some of the papers, the examination will be conducted in multiple sessions.
GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018
GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018, GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018, GATE 2018 Registration – GATE Application Form 2018