BPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2017
BPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2017
BPSL announced notification regarding post for Management Trainees/Graduate Engineering Training. The candidate who applied for GATE 2017 can also apply for the post in BPCl.
1. About BPCL
BPCL is a Fortune 500, leading Navratna Public Sector Company in the exciting and dynamic energy sector, engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas. The BPCL group achieved a Gross Revenue from Operations of Rs. 2,19,253.07 crores for the year 2015-16. BPCL is looking for young, energetic and ambitious Graduate Engineers in the field of ‘Mechanical & Chemical Engineering’ for the post of ‘Management Trainee’. Mechanical & Chemical Engineers desirous of pursuing a career with BPCL are required to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) -2017.
The eligibility criteria with respect to prescribed educational qualifications, percentage of marks, age etc. and the procedure for application are mentioned below:
2. Important dates:
| Sl. No
|| Opening for online submission of applications with GATE 2017 Registration number
|| 6 th January 2017
|| Last date of submission of online application
|| 3rd February 2017
3. Educational qualifications
- Full time, B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg) through AICTE/UGC approved Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates in the final year of their engineering studies may also apply.
- Candidates with Integrated Courses or courses with 5 year or more course duration would not be eligible to apply for the position.
4. Eligible Branch/ Specialization
- Mechanical Engineering (B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg))
- Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology (B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg))
Note: Candidates with any other degree other than those mentioned above are not eligible to apply against any of the aforementioned disciplines, Eg: Specializations such as Automation / Production / Mechatronics / Manufacturing / Industrial / Electronics Engg. Etc
5. Percentage of Marks
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer/NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- The applicable minimum percentage of marks for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Persons With Disability (PWD) candidates is 50%.
- Candidates in the final year of engineering belonging to General and OBC (NCL) categories should have secured minimum 60% marks( in aggregate upto last semester), relaxable to 50% for SC/ST/ PWD candidates.
6. Age as on 1.6.2017
- General Candidates : Maximum 25 years
- OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 28 years
- SC/ST: Maximum 30 years
- PWDs with degree of disability 40% or above : Age relaxation of up to 10 years
- Candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989 : Age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs & SSCOs, subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India): Age relaxation of up to 5 years
- Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be normally placed in Job Group “A”, with a basic salary of Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
- The total emoluments at entry level for Management Trainees are presently Rs. 10.5 Lakhs per annum (approx. cost to company).
- This includes 50% of Basic Pay as Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay & 30% of Basic plus DA as superannuation benefits (Provident Fund, Gratuity & New Pension Scheme). Our perquisites include housing / vehicle loan facilities, medical reimbursement for self / dependent family members, LFA, Holiday home facility, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme etc.
- The CTC mentioned above is due for an upward revision in 2017, effective from 01.01.2017
8. Selection Process:
♦ Step 1: Shortlisting based on GATE-2017 Scores in Mechanical & Chemical Disciplines
♦ Step 2: Group Discussions / Alternate selection methodology
♦ Step 3: Personal Interviews
♦ Step 4: Final Selection Based on Medical Fitness in Pre -Employment Medical Examination.
9. How to Apply?
- Graduate engineers from the following disciplines desirous of taking up a career with BPCL are required to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017.
- Register by Clicking here after obtaining GATE 2017 registration number from 6th January 2017 to 3rd February 2017. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2017 admit card which can only be downloaded from the GATE organizing website.
- After successful submission of Application, unique Application ID would be generated along with the completed form.
- Appear for GATE – 2017 scheduled on February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017
These exclusions are only indicative and not exhaustive
For the Complete list of PSUs recruiting through GATE 2017 Click here