HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) invites bright and dynamic professionals. Eligible candidates who have applied for GATE 2018 may apply online. HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) India has announced the recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE 2018 Exam. Candidates with a valid GATE 2018 score in the disciplines mentioned below can apply online for recruitment. Check the eligibility details, application procedure, emoluments and the important dates to apply.
1. About HPCL
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a Government of India enterprise operating in the Oil and Natural Gas sector which has been conferred with the Navratna Status. Apart from various other innumerable recognition, it also holds the distinction of featuring on the prestigious Forbes 2000 and Global Fortune 500 lists and enjoys a market share of 21.3% among PSUs in India. HPCL’s vast marketing network consists of 13 Zonal offices in major cities and 106 Regional Offices facilitated by a Supply and Distribution infrastructure comprising of Terminals, Pipeline networks, Aviation Service Stations, LPG Bottling Plants, Inland Relay Depots & Retail Outlets, Lube and LPG Distributorships.
HPCL operates two major refineries at Mumbai and Vishakhapatnam producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, with a total refining capacity of 14.8 MMTPA. HPCL holds an equity stake of 16.95% in Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited, a state-of-the-art refinery with a capacity of 15 MMTPA. The fourth refinery of 9 MMTPA set up by HMEL, a Joint Venture with Mittal Energy Investments Pvt. Ltd has also commenced commercial operations at Bathinda, Punjab.
2. Important dates:
|Sl. No||Important Events||Dates|
|1||Opening for online submission of applications||12th January 2018|
|2||Last date for submission of online application||12th February 2018|
3. HPCL Recruitment 2018 – Eligible Disciplines:
Candidates should have passed qualifying bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in the below-mentioned disciplines. All the qualifications should be 4 years full-time regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
|Sl No||Discipline||Prescribed 4-year full-time Engineering degree
|1||Mechanical||Mechanical, Mechanical & Production|
|3||Electrical||Electrical, Electrical & Electronics;|
|Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics &
Telecommunication, Applied Electronics
|5||Instrumentation||Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics &
Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics, Instrumentation
& Process Control
|6||Chemical||Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical,
4. HPCL Recruitment 2018- Percentage of Marks & Education Qualification:
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying degree examination and awarded a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in the disciplines mentioned above.
- The qualification held must be 4 years full-time regular course/s from AICTE approved/UGC recognized University/Deemed University.
- The courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE.
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations,
- SC/ST/PWD candidates should have secured minimum 50%.
5. Age Limit as on 30th June 2018
- 25 years as on 30th June 2018 for the general category candidates i.e. candidates born on or after 30.06.1993.
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer): Maximum 28 years
- SC/ST: Maximum 30 years
Age relaxation for PWDs is as per the Presidential Directives.
- Candidates selected as “Management Trainee” would be normally placed in Job Group “A”, with a basic salary of Rs. 24,900/- (Scale of Pay Rs. 24,900 – Rs. 50,500). In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) based on IDA pattern is payable. House Rent Assistance, if applicable will vary based on the class of city of posting.
- The total emoluments at entry level for Management Trainees are presently Rs. 10.5 Lakhs per annum (approx. cost to company).
7. Selection process: Shortlisting and Placement
Candidates appearing in a GATE paper which is different from their Qualifying Engineering discipline will not be
considered for further selection procedure.
- • The Gate marks for the year only will be considered for this recruitment process
- • A candidate can apply against discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one discipline will not be allowed to sit for both roles
- • On the basis of valid GATE 2018 marks, qualified candidates will be called for further selection process in a predetermined ratio in order of the category-wise discipline- wise merit list.
- • The selection process would include Group Task/Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview. In addition to the above, any other selection tools/tests may be administered, at the sole discretion of the management. Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully for selection
- • Merit List of successful candidates will be drawn basis 85% weightage to GATE 2018 marks and 15% to Group
Discussion/Task and/or Personal Interview
- • Selected candidates shall have. Posting/ Assignment can be in any SBU/Division/Department of the Corporation at any place in the country/otherwise.
- • These positions generally involve working in shift duties. Selected candidates may also be posted in any of the subsidiaries/Joint Ventures or any department of Government of India
8. HPCL Recruitment 2018-Application Fee :
- Rs. 275/-(Application fee inclusive of service tax and bank charges of Rs.35/-).
- SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
8. How to Apply?
Candidates should have their GATE 2018 Registration Number for applying to HPCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2018 admit card. Eligible candidates may apply online.
These exclusions are only indicative and not exhaustive
For the Complete list of PSUs recruiting through GATE 2018 Click here
Other PSUs Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- BSNL Recruitment 2017 – Apply Online for 2510 Junior Telecom
- AAI Recruitment through GATE 2018
- IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- NLC Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2018 Score
- NPCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2018 / 2017
- BPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018
- HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018
- Recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE 2017/2016/2015
- Vizag Steel Recruitment 2018: Job Notification out for Management Trainees
- Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Engineers India Limited Recruitment for Fresh Engineering Graduates
- BHEL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- SAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Management Trainee
- NFL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2018
PSUs Recruitment Through GATE 2018