IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
As India’s flagship oil & gas major, IndianOil has been fulfilling the energy needs of the nation for nearly six decades. With a sales turnover of Rs 4,38,710 crore (UDD 65.39 billion) and profit of Rs 19,106 Crore (USD 2848 million) for the year 2016-17, IndianOil is India’s largest commercial enterprise and the leading Indian company in Fortune’s Global 500 listing. The Corporation operates Asia’s largest refineries, pipelines and marketing infrastructure set-ups and owns some of the most trusted Superbrands like Indane and SERVO. Empowered with Maharatna status, IndianOil’s vision is to be ‘The Energy of India’ and ‘a globally admired company’.
Recruitment of Engineers/ Officers/ Assistant Officer (Quality Control) through GATE-2018
Recruitment in the below mentioned positions will be through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2018.
- (a) Graduate Engineers for recruitment as Engineers/Officers. In addition, few Graduate Engineers will be engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in line with Apprenticeship Act, 1961(and subsequent amendments thereafter) from Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation disciplines.
- (b) Post Graduates in Chemistry (with minimum 2 years of relevant experience) as Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Short-listing of candidates for further selection process (comprising Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT) and Personal Interviews (PI)) will be based on GATE-2018 score. GATE score of 2017 or any other previous examination is not valid.
- Candidates have to essentially qualify in the GATE-2018 examination for getting shortlisted for further selection process comprising GD/GT and Personal Interview. However, short-listing will be based on merit of the candidates from different categories in line with the reservation policy. Hence, merely qualifying in GATE-2018 examination will not guarantee short-listing.
Candidates will require to obtain minimum 40% marks in GD/GT and Personal Interview for being considered in the merit list.
IOCL Eligible Disciplines (Engineering Disciplines for selection as Engineers/Officers)
- 1. Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/Oil/ Paint Technology/Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc)
- 2. Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/Environmental/Transportation engineering etc.)
- 3. Computer Science & Information Technology ( including Computer Sc & Engineering, Information Technology Engineering but excluding Information & Communications Technology etc).
- 4. Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/Telecommunication Engineering/Power Engineering etc.)
- 5. Electronics & Communications Engineering (including Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering but excluding Avionics Engineering/ Electronics & Instrumentation engineering etc. )
- 6. Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
- 7. Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Bio-medical Engineering/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engg & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)
- 8. Metallurgical Engineering (Including Mineral/ Material Sciences)
- Candidates selected as Engineers/ Officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs. 24,900/-per month (pre-revised). In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time.
- Other allowances /benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, performance related pay, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, performance related incentives (PRP) etc as per rules of the corporation.
- 1. Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- 2. Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- 3. Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- 4. Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2018.
- 5. Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and should appear in GATE-2018 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B.Tech, are eligible to apply.
- Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2018 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division
- Maximum 30 years as on 30th June, 2018 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives.
- Relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer), 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directives.
On the basis of GATE-2018 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of:
- 1. Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT)
- 2. Personal Interview (PI) for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
The selection methodology for Officer/Engineer/ Assistant Officer (Quality Control), Marketing Division will comprise of the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2018 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines.
- The Graduate Engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to appear in GATE-2018 in the same disciplines.
- Only GATE-2018 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in IndianOil under this advertisement. Score from GATE-2018 or from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
- 1. General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.3,00,000 (Rs.50000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PwD candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining.
|1.||Start of the Application Form||5th January, 2018|
|2.||Last date for applying Online Form||5th February, 2018|
How to apply
Application for both the positions is a two stage process:
- On-line application in IndianOil with GATE-2018 registration number after down loading GATE-2018 admit card.
- The candidates may apply to IndianOil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made available from 5th January, 2018 on the IndianOil’s website www.iocl.com.
- The details regarding the application process for IOCL shall be hosted in detail on our website www.iocl.com. on 9 th January, 2018.
- Click here for BHEL GATE 2018 Notification
BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Management Trainee (Technical), BHEL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Management Trainee (Technical)
Other PSUs Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- BPCL Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2018
- ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE 2017/2016/2015
- SAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Management Trainee
- AAI Recruitment through GATE 2018
- HPCL recruitment through GATE 2018
- Vizag Steel Recruitment 2018: Job Notification out for Management Trainees
- NLC Recruitment Through GATE 2018
- NTPC Recruitment Through GATE 2018 Score
- NFL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
- IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- BSNL Recruitment 2017 – Apply Online for 2510 Junior Telecom
- Engineers India Limited Recruitment for Fresh Engineering Graduates
- BHEL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
- NPCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE 2018 / 2017
- GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
PSUs Recruitment Through GATE 2018