Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), a Maharatna PSU and India’s flagship Natural Gas company is looking for committed, vibrant and passionate young Graduate Engineers for filling up following posts as per category wise vacancies indicated against each post. Recruitment in all the Engineering disciplines will be through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2016.
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed education, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Vacancy: Executive Trainee in Engineering Disciplines
- Mechanical Engineering : Mechanical/ Production/ Production & Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Mechanical & Automobile
- Computer Science & Information Technology.
- Electrical Engineering : Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Communications Engineering : Electronics/Electronics & Communication/ Electronics &
Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Telecommunication
- Instrumentation Engineering : Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electrical & Instrumentation/ Electronics/ Electrical & Electronics
- Chemical Engineering : Chemical/ Petrochemical/ Chemical Technology/ Petrochemical Technology
Full-time Bachelor Degree in B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. Engg. (full time regular courses only) or MCA in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
Percentage of Marks:
General and OBC (NCL) category have secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate and candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate up to the last semester/ year examination at the time of applying.
Age as on 29.01.2016
- General Candidates : Maximum 28 years
- OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 31 years
- SC/ST: Maximum 33 years
Age relaxation for PWDs are as per the Presidential Directives.
- Pay scale of Rs.24900 – 50500/- at the Basic Pay of Rs.24900/- during one year training cum probation as
Executive Trainee in E-2 grade.
- On successful completion of their Training Page 5 of 12 cum Probation Period, they will be absorbed in the same Pay Scale of Rs.24900 – 50500/- in E-2 grade.
Vacancies of Executive Trainees as indicated against each post below:
|Total||Post identified as suitable to be held by PWDs in following categories|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (CHEMICAL)||E-2||08||01||01||04||14||OH (OA, OL)|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (MECHANICAL)||E-2||08||–||01||04||13||HH, OH (OL)|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (ELECTRICAL)||E-2||07||02||02||02||13||HH, OH (OL)|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (INSTRUMENTATION)||E-2||03||–||01||02||06||HH, OH (OL)|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEM)||E-2||07||01||–||03||11||HH, OH (OA, OL, BL, OAL)|
|EXECUTIVE TRAINEE (TELECOM/TELEMETRY)||E-2||05||01||01||03||10||OH (OA, OL)|
• Based on the GATE-2016 score and requirement, candidates will be shortlisted for
1. Group Discussion (GD) and/ or
2. Personal Interview (PI) for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
Starting Date to Apply Online: 29-12-2015
Last Date to Apply Online: 29-01-2016
How to Apply?
Candidates should have their GATE 2016 Registration Number for applying to GAIL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2016 admit card. Eligible candidates may apply online.
For the Complete list of PSUs recruiting through GATE 2016 Click here