Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) Empowered with ‘Maharatna’ status are looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers (Indian Nationals only) for recruitment as Engineers/Officers. Recruitment in all the Engineering disciplines will be through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2016.
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed education, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Vacancy: Graduate Engineers in Engineering Disciplines
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/Environmental/Transportation etc.)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/Automobile/Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engg & Technology, Mining & Machinery, Marine Engineering etc.)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (excluding Information & Communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/Telecommunication Engineering/Power Engineering etc.)
- Electronics & Communications Engineering (including Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering but excluding Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Including Mineral/ Material Sciences)
- Petroleum Engineering (excluding Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engg., Petrochemical Engg)
- Polymer Science and Engineering (including Polymer Science & Engineering/ Petro-chemical Engineering/ Plastic Technology but excluding Oil/Paint/Surfactant/ Ceramics and Rubber Technology).
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Oil/ Paint Technology/Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc)
Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor‟s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
Percentage of Marks:
Candidates belonging to General and OBC (Non- Creamy Layer/NCL) categories should have secured minimum 65% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
The applicable minimum percentage of marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates is 55%.
Age as on 1.6.2016
- General Candidates : Maximum 26 years
- OBC (Non Creamy layer) : Maximum 29 years
- SC/ST: Maximum 31 years
Age relaxation for PWDs are as per the Presidential Directives.
- Engineers/ Officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs. 24,900/-per month.
- The CTC will be about Rs 11.25 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP).
•On the basis of GATE-2016 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of:
1. Group Discussion (GD) & Group Task (GT)
2. Personal Interview (PI) for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
Starting Date to Apply Online: 01-01-2016.
Last Date to Apply Online: 07-02-2016.
How to Apply?
Candidates should have their GATE 2016 Registration Number for applying to IOCL. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2016 admit card. Eligible candidates may apply online.
For the Complete list of PSUs recruiting through GATE 2016 Click here