Special Books for IES 2017
- how to prepare for upsc engineering services exam, how to prepare for engineering services examination, ies preparation strategy, ies exam preparation tips,
- ies preparation tips for civil engineering , ies preparation tips for mechanical , ies preparation books for electrical engineering,
How to Prepare for an IES Exam without Coaching
Indian Engineering Services are deemed as probably one of the most reputed positions in our nation. Being a direct wing of the Government of India, very high standards are set to clear the examination. But, what does it take to crack such an exam? Is it the passion for achievement or the talent or the know-how? It is not just talent which will fetch us the results but rather it is a right amalgam of far more important factors that defines a winner. But what are these qualities and how could they be acquired? How to Prepare for IES 2017 – IES Preparation Tips is mentioned below.
First challenge is to choose best books for the changed new pattern. As the pattern and syllabus have changed this year, we would first like to mention the tips for the selection of books.
How to choose best book for ESE
Time is money! Don’t spend it by searching too many books. Just buy a few good books. And utilize them to prepare and to get ready for your exam. The only way you can beat your opponents is by solving and practicing questions. You have to understand, ESE is an extremely competitive exam. A large number of applicants are preparing very for it diligently. You might be talented. But without honest effort, you will nowhere go. It is best to really read and practice some selected good books. Never forget to mark the important lines in books and make short notes. It will help you to revise just before the exam in a very short span of time. keep glancing at the notes periodically.
Note: Don’t waste your time collecting for free books. you might get but they will not be organised according to the exam. rather than searching and downloading too many free books just purchase few standards books.
Must Read: ESE REFERENCE BOOKS 2017
How to Prepare IES 2017 without Coaching – IES Preparation Tips
First go through the syllabus and the topics on which the aspirants should focus in the various papers for the exams.
APTITUDE PAPER (Stage-I, Paper-I)
1. Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Economic: the various schemes introduced by the government and their effects
- Industry: recent schemes such as Make in India, digital India etc.
- Social: caste reservation, reservation for women etc.
- Socio-Economic: crop related schemes, rainfall effects, farmer suicides etc.
- Economic: oil prices, IMF reforms, currency devaluation etc.
- Industry: Internet of things, the latest technology etc.
- Social: Terrorism in Europe, refugee crisis etc.
2. Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning etc.
We recommend that you refer’ Quantitative Aptitude’ by R.S. Aggarwal. The book covers all the vital areas in vivid detail. Since the book is very bulky, we recommend that you make a note of a few very important questions of each type while solving all of them to help you for the final review before the exams.
3. Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
This topic covers the same syllabus as that of GATE Engineering Mathematics. The topics are: Calculus, Complex Analysis,, Differential Equations Linear Algebra,, Numerical Methods, Probability and Statistics, Vector Analysis,
4. General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
Civil and mechanical engineers have this course during the second year of their studies so seek your friends in this department to help you
5. Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
This subject is studied by Production and Civil engineers.
6. Basics of Energy and Environment, Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
Again, it is the area of Civil and Environmental engineers.
7. Basics of Project Management
Civil engineering topic.
8. Basics of Material Science and Engineering
This subject is one which almost all the branches have to study. We advise you to go through the old and dusty text books.
9. Information and Communication Technologies
As the title suggests, it is an area of computer engineering.
10.Ethics and values in engineering profession
The topic needs no text book. The student has to listen to his heart as to why he became an engineer and how he would serve the society in future.
Stage-I objective type Paper–II
- This paper will be specific to your discipline. Earlier the paper was in two parts. But now it is just one. We recommend that you go through previous year question papers to crack this.
- Click here for details preparation tips for the objective type paper of technical part.
Stage-II Conventional type Paper-I and Paper – II
How to prepare for conventional papers for ESE 2017 exam
From 2017 onwards, candidates who have qualified the objective exam only will be allowed to appear for the conventional exams.
- As the subjects for both objective and conventional are same the candidate has done 75% of his/her preparation for conventional while preparing for the objectives.
- Focus more on the derivations and their step by step workout rather than the end results.
- Solve previous year conventional question papers and practice them with detailed solutions.
- Mark the questions and the topics which are highly repetitive and try to solve all the types of questions possible from that topic.
- As the conventional questions are only 30% repetitive solve the other type of questions from the topics asked in the previous examination.
- The conventional paper will contribute 600 marks from ESE 2017 onwards they should be prepared thoroughly to score maximum marks.
- Try to solve the conventional questions asked in other UPSC examinations like Civil services mains examination, Indian forest services mains examination (For mechanical, civil, electrical and some topics of electronics and telecommunication)
IES Preparation Tips
To answer this question, we got in touch with the IES toppers and have come up with the most sublime method of preparation.
- Completely study the subjects mentioned in ESE Syllabus one by one starting from the subject that you find easy and mixing the order with the subjects that can be finished in less time. Subject must be studied from objective as well as conventional point of view.
- After completion of each subject, practice previous 10 years questions of both objective and subjective types.
- While practicing objective, take a clock and set the alarm to one hour and attempt 60 questions (as in ESE, you are supposed to do 120 questions in 2hr). After doing 60 questions verify your answers. Suppose you scored 40 correct and 20 wrong. Then attempt those 20 again without any time limit. Let us suppose that this time you got 10 correct, now attempt the rest 10 by going through notes, books etc.. And in this way you will be able to revise more and understand more
- In subjective also do the same procedure, set a time limit and proceed.
- Generally students have a belief that one cannot score good marks in the conventional but it is wrong. You are supposed to pay attention to some of the following facts and you can score well in conventional also. See Toppers Marks Of ESE
- Conventional papers must be answered in English. Question papers will be set in English only.
- In subjective paper, the first answer that you write must be of the question that you can answer best because it will create an impression on the mind of checker.
- Answer your questions in a neat and legible manner as there is a five percent deduction in marks for ineligible answers
- Always explain each and every formula or expression used in the answer and if a symbol is used its meaning must be provided. You are supposed to treat examiner as a layman who does not know anything.
- You can use pencil to underline a good point or fact (I have done it). Try to inculcate figures or block diagram to provide better understanding of your answer.
- If you can provide additional information on the question than write it as a note. For example, if a question of differential amplifier came than you can write, NOTE: Practically instrumentation amplifier is used instead of differential amplifier as there is gain and input resistance trade-off in the differential amplifier.
On reading this, the examiner will come to know that you not only know the answer but have an understanding of practical things. And this impression will fetch you more marks.
- Try answering questions to depth, marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge so don’t waste time with questions which you don’t know properly.
- In objective questions, don’t mark answers if not sure as there is negative marking of 33%.
- One may consider going for formal coaching for the IES exam, but it is entirely up to the candidate because there have been cases where people have topped just by self-study
- Students should prepare from their B.Tech in general.
- Finally, just be sure about yourself and be confident that you will be able to able to crack the IES exam. This positive attitude in you will definitely go a long way in helping you clear this exam
- And last but not the least “YOUR HARD WORK WILL ALWAYS FETCH YOU SUCCESS”.
|How to Prepare for GATE 2017 ECE||How to Prepare for GATE Civil Engineering|
|How to Prepare for GATE EEE||How to Prepare for GATE Mechanical Engineering|
Here a list of important conclusion which will help you to prepare for the ESE 2017 Exam.
- 1. Refer to the pattern and syllabus of the latest examination.
- 2. Try to understand the important changes in the syllabus to begin your preparation.
- 3. General studies portion is changed which covers the topics related to engineering instead of history, geography, etc.
- 4. Technical syllabus is also updated, so try to read the new topics added in syllabus.
- 5. Select the standard books to prepare ESE exam according to the new syllabus.
- 6. Many of questions in ESE Objective technical papers are repeated from previous years and also some of questions given directly from objective books.
- 7. Compare the previous years’ questions papers to identify repeated and important topics and questions.
- 8. A better approach is prepare one standard book for each subject to cover the complete theory.
- 9. You may practice the questions from previous ESE exams, objective books, and online tests.
- 10. General Studies and Aptitude paper is new, so prepare the topics as given in the syllabus. You may practice the model paper for General Studies and Engineering Aptitude given by UPSC
- 11. Make short notes for important topics and formulae list.
- 12. Solve previous years questions for each topic to assess your preparation level on a regular basis.
- 13. Make sure to set a time limit when solving questions to prepare yourself to complete a task within the set time.
- 14. It is also advised to practice questions on OMR sheets to get yourself prepared for marking answers during the examination correctly and quickly.
- 15. Prepare and practice each topic in both conventional and objective way, and focus more on objective rather then doing conventional.
100 Ways to Achieve Success in Any Fields
- Set daily goals for yourself
- Realize your Potential
- Surround yourself with successful people.
- Be focused on your goals and make your life goal oriented
- Imagine and visualize yourself being successful
- Make a plan or blueprint for success
- Be spontaneous and listen to your gut
- Work with the flow of things, Don’t Look Back
- Stay away from distractions and understand that your time is limited
- Get rid of false beliefs and ideologies
- Develop Self Confidence, Don’t Give Up
- Be open to new types of thinking
- Improve your social skills
- Be relevant and always up to date, Be Excited to Learn
- Accept failure and learn from it, Stop the Complaining
- Be persistent and develop a relentless motor
- Be flexible to your environment
- Always take care of yourself
- Exercise and maintain good physical health
- Get educated and always be learning
- Be both book smart and street smart
- Strive to be successful for the right reasons
- Speak the truth and be honest
- Optimize your sleeping habits
- Believe in yourself and your abilities
- Develop a routine and follow it
- Manage your time
- Be more patient, calm and collected
- Develop a goal oriented approach, Stay Motivated
- Have a strong desire to attain success
- Think positive and make success the goal
- Don’t make excuses for yourself
- Be committed to your dreams. Always.
- Always be learning
- Dream bigger than big.
- Focus on opportunities and not failure
- Never focus on obstacles
- Visualize on the process as well as the end goal
- Be willing to be different then the rest
- Become proactive and bold
- Create a successful mindset
- Play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses
- Take a leap of faith
- Learn and grow from feedback
- Prioritize your time
- Be mentally active and engaged
- Find mental peace
- Break down goals into smaller manageable chunks
- Closely monitor your progress
- Have an optimistic perspective on life
- Communicate better
- Find people you can trust and rely on
- Give generously and share what you have
- Set time limits and restrictions on yourself
- Find the purpose of your life or goal
- Find the passion behind your goal
- Study successful people and copy their positives
- Accept failure and grow
- Remove fear and doubt from your thinking
- Develop an inner locus of control
- Commit to your journey
- Take responsibility for your actions, ideas and thoughts
- Don’t procrastinate
- Work harder than the rest
- Always be bound by time
- Don’t be addicted to anything and take control of your life
- Be as productive as possible
- Don’t oversleep. Don’t under sleep
- Play sports and participate in other extracurricular activities
- Don’t waste time doing unnecessary things
- Be dedicated to the task at hand and give you 100%
- Never quit. Never stop
- Look at failure as feedback
- Develop an open perspective
- Organize your mind and thoughts
- Learn to control your emotions
- Improve your selfesteem but always be humble
- Shun sadhabits and replace them with good ones
- Use your resources wisely
- Become comfortable with yourself and your surroundings
- Learn how to make people like you
- Depend on your instincts
- Think things through
- Be flexible and open to change
- Be open to opinions and strong personalities
- Identify your weakness’s
- Solve problems
- Don’t dwell on the negatives
- Be altruistic and care for others
- Always be 100% there
- Overcome rejection
- Always be humble
- Make your goals public
- Find support in others
- Silence your inner critic
- Identify the tasks that are important and do them first
- Learn how to remove stress and anxiety from your life
- Don’t be scared to take the leap
- Taking shortcuts leads to imperfection and inadequacies. Always strive for the best, even if it requires a little more time and effort.
ESE/IES 2017 Detail Information and Guidance
Indian Engineering Services/Engineering Services Examination
|About ESE &Department Allocations||ESE Exam Pattern|
|ESE Eligibility||ESE Syllabus 2017|
|ESE Important Dates||Reference Books for ESE|
|ESE CutOff Marks||ESE Topper’s Marks|
|ESE 2017 Notification||ESE Exam – How to Apply|
|How to Prepare for ESE|
is it possible to crack iit without coaching,How to Prepare for IES 2017 – IES Preparation Tips, How to prepare IES without coaching, How to prepare for ESE Exam, how to crack ies without coaching, ies preparation without coaching, How to prepare for IES Mechanical Engineering, How to prepare for IES Civil Engineering, How to prepare for IES Electronics Engineering, How to prepare for ESE Electrical Engineering, How to prepare for Engineering Services Examination, How to Prepare for IES 2017, how to prepare ies exam. ies toppers books electrical without coaching, ies 2017 preparation, how to start preparation for ias without coaching, ese preparation strategy,,,, engineering services india , ies exam application form , upsc ies application form , indian engineering services notification , how to prepare for engineering services exam , ies online registration , upsc ies registration , ies exam papers for mechanical engineering , competitive exams after mechanical engineering , ies posts for ece , upsc eligibility for engineers , list of ies officers in indian railway , how to apply for ies , ese 2017 notification , upsc engineering jobs , ies exam centres , ies exam cut off , ies test , ies procedure , engineering services updates , mechanical engineering competitive exam books , indian naval armament service salary , group i services examination , ies upsc notification , seafood trade , engineering services notification , brussels expo , ies age criteria , www upsconline nic in 2017 , endocrinology conference , ies paper 2017 , upsc ies papers , ies online preparation , ies age , no of attempts in ies , ies xam , ies important dates , previous ies papers with solutions , ies english paper , age limit for engineering services examination , books for ies preparation , upsc exam notices , cds exam form date , ies admit , government engineering exams , ies previous year question , information about ies , ies syllubus , ies question papers with answers , ies preparation guide , how to prepare ies exam , how to prepare for ies general studies , how to prepare for ies electronics and communication , ies exam preparation tips , ies cse , ies prepration , how to prepare for engineering services , upsc electronics and telecommunication question papers , railway exam for electrical engineers , upsc exam coaching , indian railway mechanical engineering , railway mechanical engineering entrance exam , civil service exam papers , upsc course material , ies result 2016 , how to prepare for upsc engineering services exam , upsc indian railway service , engineering examination services , engineering services examination preparation , engineering services examination papers , pattern of ies , about ies exam pattern , ies upsc exam , www upsc gov in ies , upsc ies recruitment , ies indian engineering services , ies engineering services , ies exam for civil engineering , ies exam for mechanical engineering , civil engineering ies , ies in civil engineering , what is upsc engineering services examination , date of ies exam , indian engineering services online application , indian engineering services apply online , indian engineering service exam sample papers , ies exam online application , indian railway engineering exam , combined engineering service examination , central power engineering service mechanical engineering posts , service engg , eligibility of ies , upsc exams for civil engineers , upsc jobs for civil engineers , indian defence engineering services , engineering notification , upsc engineering services notification , civil engineering service exam , upsc ies books , engineering civil services , eligibility for engineering services examination , ies 2017 notification , upsc ies part 2 registration , indian railway engineering services for mechanical engineers , upsc after engineering , what are the competitive exams after engineering , competitive exams in india after engineering , ies posts for mechanical engineers , ies posts for civil engineers , posting of ies officers , ese 2017 vacancies , ies in railway , criteria for ies exam , eligibility criteria for ies exam , exams for engineering jobs , job exams for engineering students , government exams for it engineers , entrance exam for government jobs for engineers , ies entrance exam , ies exam centers , ies exam subjects , ies exam timings , ies exam study material , engineering upsc , ies electronics and telecommunication , ies for mechanical , ies medical test , list of ies officers , no of seats in ies , ies ee , engineering services result , engineering services online application , indian engineering agencies , indian inspection service group a , www upsc exam in , seafood expo global , upsc ies eligibility criteria , endo 2017 , ies exam paper pattern , ies exam pattern for ece , ies question paper pattern , ies form date , ies form last date , ies exam last date , ies form online , ese test , online ies preparation , ies preparation online , apply ies , criteria for ies , ies online test , ies qualification eligibility , upsc post for engineers , ies and iss exam , indianengineeringservice , full form of ies exam , ies exam previous papers , ies sample question paper , how to apply for ies exam , ies schedule , www upsc exam date , upsc exam form date , ies exam books for mechanical engg , ies gs preparation , indian railway engineering entrance exam , indian government exams for engineers , upsc 2017 admit card , ies vacancies 2017 , ies jobs in india , jobs after ies , ies jobs for mechanical engineering , ies exam tips , ies exam india , ies exam format , ies exm , ies in india , upsc ies previous papers , ies exam previous year question papers with solutions , ies previous year question papers for general studies , ies preparation books for electrical engineering , ies preparation books for civil engineering , ies exam preparation books , best book for ies preparation civil engineering , ies english preparation , how to prepare for ies exam mechanical , how to prepare for ies exam electronics and communication , how to start preparation for ies mechanical , ies books for eee , ies interview questions for electrical , ies training centers , iesgateonlinetest , indian railway service of civil engineers , mechanical engineering jobs in indian navy , ies gate coaching , indian railway mechanical engineering jobs , employment news upsc , engineering services examination 2016 , ese 2016 , ese 2016 vacancies , upsc engineering service exam 2017 , upsc engineering services 2017 , upsc exam engineering services , upsc engineering services study material , books for upsc engineering services exam , upsc engineering services exam study material , upsc online application for engineering services , upsc exam date for engineering services , upsc engineering services exam papers , upsc exam pattern for engineering services , upsc engineering service exam 2017 result , upsc engineering service 2017 , upsc gov in engineering services , ies services upsc , upsc engineering services exam date 2017 , upsc engineering services exam date , engineering services examination books , engineering services examinations 2017 , engineering services examination 2017 exam date , indian railway engineering services examination , engineering services examination 2017 dates , indian engineering service examination 2017 , engineering services examination 2017 pattern , engineering examinations , all india engineering services examination 2017 , railway engineering services examination 2017 , ies exam pattern 2017 , ies 2017 exam pattern , ies exam pattern for civil , ies pattern for mechanical engineering , upsc exam ies , upsc for ies , ies in upsc , www upsc ies gov in , upsc ies 2016 , ies for mechanical engineering , ies indian engineering service , ies for civil engineering branch , ies for electrical engineering , indian engineering services ies , indian engineering service ies , ies engineering exam , study material for ies electrical engineering , study material for ies civil engineering , upsc standard of ies for engineering subjects , pay scale of ies engineers , indian engineering services exam 2017 , upsc engineering exam 2017 , upsc recruitment 2017 for engineers , engineering services examination 2017 result , railway exam date 2017 for engineers , railway engineering exam 2017 , railway exams for engineers 2017 , engineering services 2017 , indian engineering services exam date 2017 , engineering services examination 2017 online application , indian engineering services 2017 results , engineering services examination 2017 results , indian engineering services 2017 exam date , upsc exam for engineers 2017 , engineering services exam 2017 results , upsc for engineers 2017 , engineering services result 2017 , engineering services examination result 2017 , upsc recruitment for engineers 2017 , indian engineering services exam result 2017 , indian railway engineering entrance exam 2017 , indian railways jobs for electrical engineers 2017 , indian railways engineering entrance exam 2017 , engineering services 2017 results , military engineering services exam 2017 , upsc ies 2017 , upsc ies exam 2017 , upsc exams for engineers 2017 , upsc civil engineering recruitment 2017 , upsc ies recruitment 2017 , upsc exam for civil engineers 2017 , upsc engineering recruitment 2017 , upsc exam 2017 application form , upsc ies 2017 exam date , ies upsc 2017 , upsc ies exam date 2017 , upsc exam form 2017 , upsc engineering entrance exam 2017 , upsc exam application form 2017 , application form for upsc exam 2017 , how to apply for upsc exam 2017 online , upsc online exam 2017 , online application for upsc exam 2017 , upsc exam 2017 application form last date , registration for upsc exam 2017 , apply for upsc 2017 , upsc jobs for engineers 2017 , upsc engineering services examination 2017 , upsc engineering services examination books , upsc engineering services examination 2017 exam date , upsc engineering services examination result 2017 , www upsc gov in engineering services examination , www upsc gov in engineering services examination 2017 , upsc examination notice 2017 ,How to Prepare for IES 2017 – IES Preparation Tips